Who we are – Our website address is: https://www.shakewebdesign.com. The Shake Studio website is owned by Sole Proprietor, Aleah Niemczyk. You can contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information to provide the best possible service to our users and site visitors. This experience includes things like allowing for a faster sign in and figuring out which language you prefer to view the site. It also includes complex things like which demographic you’re a part of, and therefore how we can better serve you with ads or information that most interest you.
We collect information the following ways:
Information you give us – When using our services, you may be asked to provide certain information to us to allow us to do things like contact you, process an order, provide customer service, etc. This information also includes:
- Contact forms – When signing up as a user on this site, you will be asked for personal information, like your name, e-mail address, phone number or photo.
- Purchasing – If making a purchase, you may also be asked for information like your shipping address, billing address, credit card number or transfer account information, or to set up a username and password.
Information we get from your use of our services – We collect information about the content you view and how often, along with information we get from your use of our services. This information includes:
- Analytics – to give information to the site owners to offer a better web experience
- Device information – such as your hardware model and operating system
- Log information – such as search queries on the site, IP address, browser information, and cookies
- Location information – such as country and city
- Demographics – such as age or gender
- Cookies and Tracking – Cookies are electronic collections of information stored on a local computer that are used by websites to keep track of visitors and registered users and to relate one computer transaction to a later one, and other methods of uniquely tracking visitors for different purposes.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. We also use this information to offer you more specific content, like relevant search results. The information you provide during the order process is used for processing payments and ensuring customer service throughout any service contract.
Who we share your data with
This is a WordPress website. By default WordPress does not share any personal data with anyone. Certain information could be shared with third-party plugins for the use of processing orders, processing payments, and retaining customer account information. The plugins or third-party processing systems used on this site include the following:
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- WooCommerce: https://woocommerce.com/privacy-policy/
- Contact Forms 7: https://contactform7.com/privacy-policy/
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/us/privacy/
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. We retain contact form information and analytics records for 26 months, and customer purchase records for seven years. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Data is hosted and managed through the Bluehost provider, with any data transfers taking place on the VPS. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
This site uses an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) for establishing an encrypted link between the web server and your browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private. We will never share personal data with third-parties that are not a necessary part of providing you with the service and experience you request of this website. We protect your right to privacy and encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on its privacy practices.